Register for Summer Session Classes today! Online Registration or in person class registration is considered a commitment to participate in and pay for the entire group class session.
- Players may sign up for any specific class any number of times a week.
- Shannon must approve class level for each student. Skill level of each class may be higher than previous sessions.
- Players previously enrolled and players on our elite teams have first priority registration through May 28th. Shannon will be in touch with all new students starting May 30th and throughout the following week to confirm availability for new registrations. Classes are in high demand and early registration is recommended, especially in the fall and winter sessions. It is very difficult to join classes starting in Winter Session as most players continue from the previous session. We will be do our best to try to accommodate all requests, but we do have limited spaces per class.
Badminton Class Registration Form
- 24-hour notice is required for cancelation of any lesson. Refunds are not provided for group lessons and make-up classes are not guaranteed. Make-up classes are only permitted if there was 24 hours notice of the cancelation and if there is open space in another day’s group lesson during the same session. Less than 24 hours notice will be considered a no-show, and constitutes loss of lesson fee. Emergency cancelations will be handled on an individual basis.
- For semi-private lessons with 2-4 players –if a player doesn’t show up, or gives less than 24 hour notice for a cancelation that players is still responsible for their portion of the lesson fee and will not be rescheduled.
- Failure to attend a lesson constitutes loss of lesson fee and will not be rescheduled.
Payment, What to Bring to Class, and Club Tournaments
- Bring to the first class the total payment (cash or check) for the session of classes. Checks can be made out to “Shannon Pohl Badminton Academy.” We do not take credit cards.
- Please bring to the first class your racket (if you don’t have one you can borrow one), water, and a small notebook. All players must fill out the 2018 waiver and registration forms.
- Non-marking court shoes are strongly encouraged to avoid injuries. We sell them at the pro shop.
- Cell phone use is not allowed during classes. Players are expected to have phones put away at all times.
- Players taking classes at the SPBA are expected to participate in any tournaments at our club during their enrollment. Our club’s next tournament is the North Shore Open, August 3-4). You can find a list of local tournaments here, compliments of Badminton Chicago. USA Badminton publishes a list of all sanctioned tournaments here.