Register below for Spring Classes. Please refer to the summer schedule for class timings.
Badminton Class Registration Form
- Online, phone, and in person registration is considered a commitment to participate in and pay for class session or private lesson. Payment is due at the latest at the time of the first class.
- If cancelation of group lesson occurs 24 hours before the first class starts, you may receive a full refund or not owe any payment. If cancelation occurs less than 24 hours before your first class, you are responsible for payment for the first class. If cancelation occurs less than 24 hours before the second class, you are responsible for the price of the current session.
- 24-hour notice is required for cancelation of any lesson. Refunds are not provided for group lessons.
- We will allow 2 make-up classes per class you are enrolled in the session. Extra classes missed beyond this
will be lost except for in emergency circumstances. These make-ups are subject to availability, and are not guaranteed. Make-up classes are only permitted if there was 24 hours notice of the cancelation and if there is open space in another day’s group lesson during the same session. Less than 24 hours notice will be considered a no-show, and constitutes loss of lesson fee. Emergency cancellations will be handled on an individual basis. We recommend you do your make-ups earlier in the session as space gets more limited in the end of the session. Make-ups will not be scheduled until the 2nd week of classes.
- If you are sick or having symptoms, DO NOT COME TO CLASS.
- Less than 24 hours notice for all classes will be considered a no-show, and constitutes loss of lesson fee. Emergency cancelations will be handled on an individual basis.
- For semi-private lessons with 2-4 players –if a player doesn’t show up, or gives less than 24 hour notice for a cancelation that players is still responsible for their portion of the lesson fee and will not be rescheduled.
- Failure to attend a lesson constitutes loss of lesson fee and will not be rescheduled.
Payment, What to Bring to Class, and Club Tournaments
- Bring to the pre-registration week or a designated registration time the total payment (cash or check) for the session of classes. Checks can be made out to “Shannon Pohl Badminton Academy.” We do not take credit cards. We also take Zelle pay sent to email@example.com. Please make sure to list the student’s name and class day and time in the memo.
- Please bring to the first class your racket (if you don’t have one you can rent one for $7, water, and a small notebook. $5 of every racket rental can be put towards a future racket purchase from our shop within the calendar year. $2 of your racket rental goes to purchase an overgrip that you put on and take off yourself. All players must fill out the waiver and registration forms and the COVID-19 waiver form
- Non-marking court shoes are required in the new facility. We sell them at the pro shop. Shoes worn outside are not permitted on courts, as wet and dirty shoes create a safety hazard.
We also rent badminton shoes for $5 a class or open gym session (most sizes available).CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
- Cell phone use is not allowed during classes. Players are expected to have phones put away at all times.
- All SPBA players in our Elite Junior and Elite Senior Teams and above are expected to participate in SPBA Midwest Open Regionals and participate in all other local ranking tournaments. All SPBA Players in Advanced Beginner level and above as well as elite team are expected to give their vest effort to participate in the North Shore Open and other recommended tournaments. Tournament Dates are listed on the first page of the session schedule. You can find a list of even more local tournaments here, compliments of Badminton Chicago. USA Badminton publishes a list of all sanctioned tournaments here. As of now, there are no tournaments in 2020 due to COVID-19.
Online Registration or in person class registration is considered a commitment to participate in and pay for the entire group class session.
- Players may sign up for any specific class any number of times a week.
- Shannon must approve class level for each student. Skill level of each class may be higher than previous sessions.
- Classes are in high demand and early registration is recommended, especially in the fall and winter sessions. We will be do our best to try to accommodate all requests, but we do have limited spaces per class.
- Players with credit left over after Spring Session, Zoom Online Classes, and the Summer and Fall Sessions: We have kept track of everyone’s balance at the end of the Spring Session, Zoom Online Classes, and the Summer Session. We are committed to giving everyone value for the money they spent on lessons in the Spring 2020 session. Players can use their remaining credit for the Fall 2020, Winter 2020/2021, and Spring 2021 sessions.Players can use their remaining credit for the Fall 2020, Winter 2020/2021, and Spring 2021 sessions. Players can spend their credit on
up to 25% off their class & private lesson fees during the summer session now 100% off their class fees & private lesson fees during the Winter and Spring sessions. The more classes a player enrolls in, the sooner they will use up their credit. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Everyone must sign the new Covid-19 Waiver Form. New players must also sign our traditional waiver form. There will be more copies at the gym.
Please watch the videos below and familiarize yourself with the new safety regulations you must follow for the safety of everyone.
SPBA Safety Guidelines: Summer Classes