Register below for classes. Please refer to the Summer Session Schedule for class timings.
Badminton Class Registration Form
- Online, phone, and in person registration is considered a commitment to participate in and pay for class session or private lesson. Payment is due at the latest at the time of the first class.
- If cancelation of group lesson occurs 24 hours before the first class starts, you may receive a full refund or not owe any payment. If cancelation occurs less than 24 hours before your first class, you are responsible for payment for the first class. If cancelation occurs less than 24 hours before the second class, you are responsible for the price of the current session.
- 24-hour notice is required for cancelation of any lesson. Refunds are not provided for group lessons.
- We will allow 2 make-up classes per class you are enrolled in the session. Extra classes missed beyond this
will be lost except for in emergency circumstances. These make-ups are subject to availability, and are not guaranteed. Make-up classes are only permitted if there was 24 hours notice of the cancelation and if there is open space in another day’s group lesson during the same session. All cancellations and make-up scheduling must be in writing through the online make-up form (telling a coach of your absence is not considered giving notice as coaches don’t manage the schedules). Less than 24 hours notice will be considered a no-show, and constitutes loss of lesson fee. Emergency cancellations will be handled on an individual basis. We recommend you do your make-ups earlier in the session as space gets more limited in the end of the session. Make-ups will not be scheduled until the 2nd week of classes.
- If you are sick or having symptoms, DO NOT COME TO CLASS.
- Less than 24 hours notice for all classes will be considered a no-show, and constitutes loss of lesson fee. Emergency cancelations will be handled on an individual basis.
- For semi-private lessons with 2-4 players –if a player doesn’t show up, or gives less than 24 hour notice for a cancelation that players is still responsible for their portion of the lesson fee and will not be rescheduled.
- Failure to attend a lesson constitutes loss of lesson fee and will not be rescheduled.
Payment, What to Bring to Class, and Club Tournaments
- Bring to the pre-registration week or a designated registration time the total payment (cash or check) for the session of classes. Checks can be made out to “Shannon Pohl Badminton Academy.” We do not take credit cards. We also take Zelle pay sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to list the student’s name and class day and time in the memo.
- Please bring to the first class your racket (if you don’t have one you can rent one for $7, water, and a small notebook. $5 of every racket rental can be put towards a future racket purchase from our shop within the calendar year. $2 of your racket rental goes to purchase an overgrip that you put on and take off yourself. All players must fill out the waiver and registration forms.
- Non-marking court shoes are required in the new facility. We sell them at the pro shop. Shoes worn outside are not permitted on courts, as wet and dirty shoes create a safety hazard. We do also rent shoes for $5 a class or open gym session (most sizes available). We
- Cell phone use is not allowed during classes. Players are expected to have phones put away at all times.
- All SPBA players in our Elite Junior and Elite Senior Teams and above are expected to participate in SPBA Midwest Open Regionals and participate in all other local ranking tournaments. All SPBA Players in Advanced Beginner level and above as well as elite team are expected to give their vest effort to participate in the North Shore Open and other recommended tournaments. Tournament Dates are listed on the first page of the session schedule. USA Badminton publishes a list of all sanctioned tournaments here.
Online Registration or in person class registration is considered a commitment to participate in and pay for the entire group class session.
- Players may sign up for any specific class any number of times a week.
- Shannon must approve class level for each student. Skill level of each class may be higher than previous sessions.
- Classes are in high demand and early registration is recommended, especially in the fall and winter sessions. We will be do our best to try to accommodate all requests, but we do have limited spaces per class.